Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Nature walk at Avalon

Avalon

Avalon is a gorgeous preserve in Old Stony Brook, near the Grist Mill (originally built in 1699, but the one there now dates to 1751). There's a beautiful labyrinth, trails, boardwalks, etc. While the nature is so pretty year round, mama does have to admit that i take the boys there to run out some of the energy they have.

Ciaran slept like a champ last night!

There are ducks and geese in the pond. I try, I reallllly try not to be a helicopter mom when we are there but I have to say I get scared of them near the water. There's no guard rail and I get scared that they'll trip and fall into the pond, which looks really deep. So, please don't mind my obsessive commentary. :)






Walking the boardwalk... don't mind my big mouth at the end. :)





The Labyrinth was closed....

No comments:

Post a Comment